Our insurance details / Permission For Aerial Work (PFAW) & downloads

Insurance & PFAW


Why is insurance and a CAA Permission for aerial Work (PFAW) important?

Put simply... it's the law.

This is what the CAA have to say on the subject - "Small unmanned aircraft are now widely available for commercial and recreational use. More popularly known as drones, they can cause injury or damage if they are not used responsibly and so are subject to safety rules, which are underpinned by UK law. There are some specific additional steps that must be taken if a drone is being flown for ‘aerial work’. Anyone using a small drone needs to be aware of the regulations contained in the Air Navigation Order. These rules have been established to provide a safe environment in which small drones can be flown without coming into conflict with manned aircraft and without risk to other people or properties. You must be in possession of a Permission issued by the CAA before you conduct any aerial work with your drone".

It is not possible to gain any form of insurance or Public Liability without becoming a qualified and approved SUA operator. A list of all CAA approved SUA operators can be found on the CAA website at - http://publicapps.caa.co.uk/modalapplication.aspx?appid=11&mode=detail&id=7078

If you click on the documents below PDF versions will open in new windows ready for download or printing.

insurance policy details

Permission For Aerial Work certificate